Open Canoe Slalom
Why join the ACA Open Canoe Slalom Committee
OC Slalom is a National Activity Committee of the American Canoe Association. When you join this committee, you are not joining a separate organization, but rather affiliating with a niche group of other ACA members who enjoy racing open canoes. Currently, there are slightly more than 100 affiliate members of the ACA OC Slalom Committee. There are many different reasons for joining the OC Slalom Committee as an affiliate member. See if even one of these reasons applies to you:
If you're not already an affiliate member of the ACA Open Canoe Slalom Committee, you can join online through the ACA Website at www.acanet.org, see below. From the home page, click on "Membership" or "JOIN NOW!" Then select "JOIN ON-LINE!" If you're not already an ACA member, you'll have to join the association and the committee together. If you're already an ACA member, enter your name and address, and we will add the committee registration to your annual membership. If you don't want to pay online, you can also call the ACA Membership Department at 703-451-0141, ext. 17.
- 1. You want to be a voting member of the OC Slalom Committee, either as a Division Representative or an At-large Member. Committee membership is required by the the Committee Bylaws
- 2. You want to receive the Open Canoe Slalom News, usually published twice per year and mailed to all committee affiliate members.
- 3. You want to receive the ACA Competition News, usually published twice per year and mailed to the affiliate members of all ACA National Activity Committees.
- 4. You want to receive a registration packet for the ACA Open Canoe Slalom National Championships each year. Event organizers receive mailing labels for current committee members when they are ready to send these out.
- 9. You appreciate the ACA's support and commitment to canoeing competion. Your $5 committee registration fee helps to pay for national championship medals, sanctioning fees for national championship events, and general administrative support.
- 5. You want to receive registration materials for other open canoe racing events. Event organizers from other ACA Sanctioned Events may also request mailing labels for current committee members.
- 6. You want to help influence policy changes that impact ACA's support and commitment to canoeing competition. More committee members give the committee a louder voice.
- 7. You want to request a competition grant that will help foster growth and improve participation in open canoe slalom racing.
- 8. You want to receive a ballot and vote in the next election for OC Slalom Committee Chair.
- 10. You have $5 burning a hole in your pocket and want to support the general mission-based work of the American Canoe Association while designating yourself as a contributing member of the open canoe slalom racing community.
Director of Programs and Special Events
American Canoe Association
ACA HQ Web Site: Membership page
- The ACA National web site at:
does have the ability to process a request for $5.00 Open Canoe Slalom Committee affiliate memberships! Just fill out the top section of the "Online Membership Registration:" form. You may skip the "Membership Catagory" and "Catagory of Membership" sections if you are not renewing your ACA membership at the same time. Be sure to check the "Open Canoe Slalom Committee" radio button in the "Committee Registrations:" section at the bottom of the form as well as fill in your credit card information and click on "Send Form".
Join by Phone
- ACA HQ Staff Contacts.
- ACA does take credit card membership fees via phone at: 1-703-451-0141, ext 17, from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST, Monday through Friday. Be sure to ask if you will eligible to vote for ACA OCS National Chairman by being put on the "Open Canoe Slalom Committee Affiliate Member List" as an active member, cost $5.00 over and above the basic ACA membership. ACA HQ and will help you upgrade your membership. If their busy, you can leave: your name, your ACA membership number (if available), your request to become an affitiate member of the ACA Open Canoe Slalom Committee (Cost $5,00), and your credit card type & number on the membership office voicemail at ext 17.
Join by Mail
- Printable Membership Application Form.
- Print this form to join ACA and/or affiliate with an ACA National Open Canoe Slalom Activity Committee. Joining the Open Canoe Slalom activity committee puts you on the committee mailing list for their newsletter and all mailings reguarding Open Canoe Slalom events, rules and information.
- To view and print the form to join the Open Canoe Slalom Committee you will need to have a copy of Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. If you need to install a copy of the program, you cane download and install it free of charge by clicking on the button below.
You are visitor number to this page!
© ACA National Open Canoe Slalom Committee
OC-JOIN - Last Updated: